In Z-CMS the Content Manager is the tool that allows the insertion of contents inside webpages. The Content Manager is placed at the Site level and it is managed in the main list menu to the left of the page.
Content Manager has a different layout depending on the type of site user that is allowed to edit its contents. The two layouts are the following:
- Developers Menu layout: Content Models are shown only if the Developers Menu is set to "On" as shown below.
- Content Models are shown in their totality and ordering aims at maximizing the usability from the developer's side.
- CMS Menu layout: Content Models are presented in a very user friendly way in order to make the addition of contents easy and in line with the front-end of the site. The ordering of the Conente Models is done inside the CMS Menu section of the Site's "Development" tool.
By using two different views for the Content Manager, Z-CMS allows the easy management of contents from the point of view of Content Manager users and the possibility for developers to have all Content Models at disposal.
Developers Menu layout
Once a Content Model has been created and activated, it is saved inside the Content Manager area as indicated in the picture below.
When a Content Model is selected inside the Content Manager by clicking over its label inside the menu on the left of the page, a table opens with all contents created for that specific Content Model. There, it is possible to edit existing contents or to create new contents inside that Content Model structure.
Content Manager at the opening of the Content Model presents all attributes that are associated to it. Content for each attribute is added for every language selected for the site inside the settings section.
Contents stored inside the Attributes have a status associated with them. Status of an attribute content controls its exposure in web pages. Such status can be Draft, Preview or Publish. However, effective exposure status of an attribute content depends also upon the conditions set to the corresponding Content Model that decides if it is included in webpages or not.
Content data for the attributes of a Content Model can be added in the following way:
- Click over label select the Content Model entry of interest .
- Input content data: it is mandatory to add contents to at least one of the attributes in the language set as default for the site or the Global.
- Save at the end.
To edit attribute content data of a Content Model the following operations are needed:
- Click over label select the Content Model entry of interest.
- Go to the attribute content data set detail by clicking on the attribute content data set row in the list.
- Make necessary editing and save.
View history option
Z-CMS preserves pre-edited versions of attribute content data sets to enable option for later verification and revert.
For example, before saving edited version of an attribute content data set, Z-CMS moves its current version to the history.
Content Manager is provided with his own menu settings that allow an optimal configuration of the manager according to developer's needs. By going with the mouse over the Content Manager label, the settings icon appears as in the picture below:
- Arrange the order of Content Model entries inside the Content Manager by dragging them on to desired position in the left pane as shown below:
- That results into the following menu list in the Site dashboard page:
- To configure whether to use the “Name” or “Display Name” of the Content Model as Content Model entries:
- Save modified settings.
CMS Menu layout
Content Models in this view are ordered according to what set in the CMS Menu section of the Site. In such section all menu voices of the CMS (the back-office side of the site) are created and sorted in order to build a user friendly interface to the Content Manager users that are in charge of uploading the site with all its contents.
By selecting the labels inside the list shown below
the user opens the same window described for the Developers view above and there can add Contents in the same way.
Example: editing of a Content Model from Content Manager
To add specific contents to a Content Model the following operations are needed:
- Select the label of a Content Model from the Content Manager.
- In the new Z-CMS page that opens click and input content data for the attributes in the default language and in other defined languages appropriately according to following picture:
- Click Save.
Lookup/bridge and filtering in content manager list
It is possible to show list filters based on lookups and bridges in a content. To enable this we have to enable the filter checkbox in the content model for the necessary lookup or bridge in content attributes.
Once filter is enabled in content model attribute, then corresponding filter combo box will be shown in content manager list page. This will help to filter the list based on the items selected from the filter combo box.