There, he can create a new Site by selecting the button , or import a Site stored in other parts of Z-CMS by using the button , or edit one existing Site in the list by clicking on the respective row in the table.
When a Site is selected, it opens a new page that contains the dashboard of the Site, the menu and all contents directly related to that Site. Once entered in the Site environment the user can move freely inside various areas of Site management.
Creating a new site
A new Site can be created in Z-CMS by primarily inputting its fundamental parameters and adding languages (to be considered for supporting the multi-language behaviour of the Site) and users (who are supposed to manage the Site in Z-CMS) as follows:
Field ( * denotes mandatory field) Description Display Name* A unique name to identify the Site in Z-CMS Context Name* Display name of the context root folder which will be created for the Site in Z-CMS Domain Name* Site URL in Z-CMS. However, this has no relation with the actual Site URL obtained after deployment Comments Comments Theme Name Can select a theme for the Site from the ones stored at Themes. This enables option for developing web pages based on a particular template inside the selected theme JSTL Support Flag that activate the possibility to add JSTL library inside the Site IE Compatibility Flag that activate the compatibility mode in Internet Explorer for the Site
- Add languages by clicking the button and by selecting desired languages from the list of available languages.
- Then the view in the picture above appears, in which the site creator can choose the default language of the Site, decide what language is active or not, define the fallback language of the Site.
- Now the user needs to save the work done in order to proceed by clicking on top of the page, and the Site becomes available in the list of active Sites for further editing.
Importing a site
Section to be added.
Editing an existing site
To edit a Site the user should select it from the list of all Sites managed in a Company. When the Site is selected the user lands to its detail page. The structure of that page shows the dashboard with most frequently used features and all typical Z-CMS Menu structures.
- Resources: in this section the user can create, import and manage the Resources of the Site, being them webpages, web feeds or added files.
- Content Model: this section allows the user to create and edit Content Models specifically for the Site.
- Widget: this section is about writing Widgets that the user wants to use to manage contents in his Site.
- Static text: in this section the user can find all Static texts that have been created to be used in the Site.
- Sites menu: in this section the user can manage the menu of the Site and generate the map of the Site.
- CMS Menu: in this section the user can decide how to configure the menu of the CMS in order to reach his best order of sections into which upload Contents for the Site.
- Settings: in this section the user can edit the settings he inserted at the creation of the Site such as languages, Users and mail configuration.
- Plugins: here the user can add plugins to his Site.
- Scripts: in this part the user can manage all scripts inserted in the Site.
Below the list the user can find the option to activate or deactivate the Developers Menu where he can manage contents and ordering Content Models outside the structure created by the CMS menu configuration.
Example: Steps to create a new site or configure an existing one
In order to create a new site the user should do the following operations:
- Click --> and the page in the screenshot below opens.
- Input fundamental parameters inside the form in the page that opens.
- Add languages which are to be considered in the multi-language behaviour perspective of the Site (it is mandatory to add at least one language and set it as "default") and save.
Now the Site is available in the Site list and it is possible to start adding the site-specific elements and contents as follows:
- Enters the Site list.
- Go to the Site detail by clicking on the Site row in the list and make desired editing.
Site detail loads with the site-specific dashboard and left menu comprising entries to access site-specific objects and Content Manager (Content Manager will be available only for Site admin and Site developer if there is at least one active site-specific Content Model already stored).