Themes in Z-CMS refers to a collection of .xhtml files or webpage templates with supporting styles, scripts, images and other files which can be considered as the basic layout of a website.
Usage of themes is optional during the creation of a website and enables the possibility for developing web pages based on a particular template inside the theme. Thus, themes can be used to provide a consistent look and feel among webpages and websites.
Themes can be created or uploaded in Z-CMS inside the Company settings section.
Themes can be created in two ways:
Field ( * denotes mandatory field) Description Name* A unique name to identify the Theme Zip file Browse and select the Zip file containing .xhtml files with supporting styles, scripts, images and other files
Note: Styles, scripts, images and files can be inside folders or sub-folders
- After having uploaded the desired files in Zip format, save the Theme by clicking over the button at the top of the page.
- Browse and select the Zip file containing .xhtml files with supporting styles, scripts, images and other files .
- Styles, scripts, images and files can be inside folders or subfolders.
- Click button to upload and save the Zip file selected.
- In this second case, Name and Comments will be auto generated by Z-CMS.
Independently of the way used to create the Theme, once created, it is possible to edit a Theme by doing the following:
- Go to the theme list by selecting --> .
- Go to the theme detail by clicking on the theme row in the list.
- Make necessary editing: inside the theme page there is a set of folders and subfolder, browse inside them to reach the desired resource and edit it directly inside Z-CMS. Save at the end.
View history option is enabled in this section for .xhtml files. Z-CMS preserves pre-edited versions of .xhtml files to enable option for later verification and revert. For example, before saving edited version of an .xhtml file, Z-CMS moves its current version to the history. History of an .xhtml file can be managed using the View history button available in the resources list of a theme detail.